According to the National Business Weekly Jobs Rated Almanac here are the 10 most stressful and 10 least stressful jobs.¹
MOST STRESSFUL LEAST STRESSFUL
1. U.S. President 1. Med. records technician
2. Firefighter 2. Janitor
3. Sr. corp. executive 3. Forklift operator
4. Race car driver (Indy) 4. Musical instrument repair
5. Taxi driver 5. Florist
6. Surgeon 6. Actuary
7. Astronaut 7. Appliance repair person
8. Police officer 8. Medical secretary
9. N.F.L. football player 9. Librarian
10. Air-traffic controller 10. Bookkeeper
For more use the DOOR.
According to our source, the NBE “once evaluated” 250 occupations considering factors such as deadlines, confinement, public meetings, hazards, environmental conditions and stamina required.
¹ The New York Times Practical Guide to Practically Everything, edited by Amy D. Bernstein & Peter W. Bernstein (NYT and Amberstone Pub., 2006)