The NASB translation reports Jesus said it this way:
“Thou didst hide these things from the wise and intelligent and didst reveal them to babes.”
Stepping back, what is this really telling us?
For more use the DOOR.
Of course, we need a context¹ to understand what’s going on here. In short, Jesus is beginning His teaching and healing ministry and people on the scene are encountering something new: something that really exists and should affect their religious understanding. Let us cautiously draw some conclusions from this fragment:
(1) Previous wisdom and intelligence can fall short of important understanding.
(2) Sometimes important new information appears.
(3) Sometimes “unlikely,” naive persons are the first people to receive, understand, and accept such information.
(4) God can be behind such a happening.
(5) The “wise” and “intelligent” should be open to considering this possibility.
A good thought to carry into the weekend.
¹ You may want to refer back to the previous post for still more.